Monday, April 5, 2010

I Have Won!!!


A lot actually. But after you've seen what it buys it becomes more like an average wage, perhaps undeserving of the exclamation marks.

Anticipating the desire to (selflessly) share lots and lots of photos with you of me gallivanting around Asia, I have reignited my old blogspot account (what will you do for me?) I'm also looking forward to using it to have a good rant every now and then as well. Oooh my word I am. In fact I'm even toying with the idea of registering as a business and ranting on your behalf. It goes like this: you give me a brief rundown of whatever irks you; I construct the rant, it legally becomes yours (for a small fee). I shall call it Rant4U.

I am just about to start a 12 month contract teaching English to elementary students at a public school in Gyeonggi province, Korea. The city I'll be in is called Seongnam and is just outside of Seoul, though it's connected via the subway (Bundang line).

There is so much to do in Korea and being interested in Buddhism, Confucianism, good food, hiking, history and culture, language, cheap travel, and heavy drinking in tacky nightclubs (as I am), Korea promises that weekends will be a 48 hour blur of neon bliss! Unless I decide to stay in.

I hope to use the opportunity to travel within China during my holidays and have started brushing up my Mandarin to prepare. I've wanted to travel down the Yangtze River by ferry since like forever and am becoming more and more aware of how life doesn't happen unless you actually make it do so (happen, that is).

And then, following that, the jewel in the crown: TRANS-SIBERIA 2011 BABY!!! Ferry to Vladivostok, followed by a slow trip across the largest continent of all, ending in St Petersburg to take another post teaching kids how to swear!

At least that's the plan. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. You know what I'm like with the computer, so probably an inappropriate place to leave a Birthday message, but....HAPPY BIRTHDAY LACH.!!
    Mum and Dad.xx

    ReplyDelete